The NRC is responsible to assist the Board to assess the effectiveness of individual Directors, the Board and the Board committees. The Board effectiveness evaluation is performed annually with the objective to enhance its effectiveness, strength and to identify areas that need improvement.
The assessment is divided into four (4) sections as follows:
- Board and Board Committees Evaluation
- Assessment of Character, Experience, Integrity, Competence and Time Commitment
- Assessment on Mix of Skill and Experience
- Evaluation of Level of Independence of a Director
The main criteria set out in the abovementioned sections are as follows:
- Skills and experience of individual directors.
- Roles and responsibilities of the Board and individual directors.
- Time commitment in deliberation and participation in the Board and Board committee’s meetings.
- The level of independency for the Independent Directors' participation and deliberation on issues put before the Board.
During the financial year ended 30 June 2018, the effectiveness evaluation was conducted on the Board, Board Committees and individual Directors. The review was based on a Board evaluation process that had been established with the assistance of the Company Secretary in order to determine the effectiveness of the Board as a whole, its committees and the contributing performance of each individual director.
The results of the evaluation were summarised by the Company Secretary and discussed by the Nomination Committee which were then reported to the Board. The Board reviewed the results of the evaluation and is satisfied with the current composition of Board members and believes that it is well balanced with the right mix of high-caliber individuals with the necessary skills and qualifications, credibility and independence to discharge its duties and responsibilities effectively.