Meet Our Leaders
We're led by a team with a wealth of experience from a variety of different industries, who constantly strive to develop the best solution to fit your needs
Dato’ Sri Leo Ariyanayakam
CEO and Group Executive Director
- Dato' Sri Leo Ariyanayakam, 56, a Sri Lankan, was appointed to the Board of Scicom on 30 October 2002. He is also the Chief Executive Officer and Group Executive Director. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Biochemistry. His main responsibilities as the Chief Executive Officer and Group Executive Director are to maximise shareholders’ value, make high-level decisions in terms of the Group’s business development, finance, human capital, culture, operations and strategies, and chart the future growth and direction of the Group globally.
- Under his guidance, Scicom has won several major international industry awards over the years, including the Contact Centre Service Provider of the Year for 3 consecutive years, as conferred by Frost & Sullivan. Th e Group is now widely regarded as one of the premier contact centre and BPO providers within the industry, with an unblemished performance record. He has been instrumental in building Scicom as the leader in contact centre outsourcing, BPO, training and customer relationship management consulting solutions in the Asia Pacific region, and is a respected visionary and leader in this rapidly growing industry.
- On 7 October 2006, he was appointed as the President of the Customer Relationship Management and Contact Centre Association of Malaysia, a position which he held until early 2010. In June 2007, he was selected as one of Malaysia’s Outstanding Entrepreneurs at the Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Awards. In the same year he was honored as a ‘Key Industry Leader’ by PIKOM. In 2008, he was conferred CEO of the year by the Malaysian Canadian Business Council. In 2010 he was appointed as a member to the "Local Advisory Panel"(LAP) nominated by the Malaysian Government specifically to the ICT Industry.
Kelvin Loke Cheong Hian
Chief Financial Officer
- Kelvin, a Malaysian, 44, joined Scicom on 20 September 2004. As the Chief Financial Officer, his responsibilities include overseeing both the compliance and commercial aspects of the finance functions of the Group such as financial reporting, budgeting, treasury, corporate finance and risk management. He has 19 years of accounting experience. Prior to joining Scicom, Kelvin had previously worked as an auditor in Ernst and Young, and as a Corporate Analyst in another public listed company in Malaysia. Kelvin graduated with a Bachelors of Accountancy with Honours from the Northern University of Malaysia and is a member of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants.
Chief Operating Officer
Business Process Outsourcing
- Benny, a Malaysian permanent resident, 51, joined Scicom on 21 July 2004. As COO of Outsourcing, Benny manages Scicom’s Outsourcing business and is responsible for overall Service Delivery and Client management across all operations. He also manages the human resources, learning & development, project management, information management and quality functions of the Group. In 2011, Benny was the recipient of the Malaysia HR leader of the year award. He has over 25 years of experience with 15 of those being in Senior Management roles.
- Prior to joining Scicom, Benny was employed by HSBC where he held VP level roles in Human Resources and subsequently in Projects & Planning, for the Global Resourcing division of the HSBC Group. He was awarded the Asia Outstanding Leadership Award conferred by CMO Asia in 2014. Benny has a Master’s degree in Human Resources Management and a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics and brings to Scicom very significant management experience gained from working with Global organizations such as Unilever, Panasonic, Ford Motor Company and HSBC.
Chief Operating Officer
Digital Practice & Education
- Jude, a Malaysian, 54, joined Scicom on 1 October 2007 and helms the Scicom Digital Practice and the Scicom Education Group. The Scicom Education Group is a global educational initiative for formal professional development. This division is the driving force behind the need to create a globally competent work-force for emerging growth markets. Jude's latest business portfolio includes managing Scicom Digital which spearheads all digital transformation efforts, encompassing a wide range of solutions aimed at creating seamless and personalised commercial experiences for clients in all business verticals. Jude also leads the Adobe Digital Practice which emphasises on the use of Big Data, Analytics and Artificial Intelligence tools to optimise business outcomes in the Digital realm.
- Historically, Jude has been in the business of product management, strategic marketing, and consumer behavior with particular interests in consumer morphology and ethnomethodology for more than two decades of his life. An ardent exponent of provocative marketing and consumer solutions, he has worked with over 50 fast moving brands and has successfully seen his ideas bear profit making results. Some of his past clients include Marlboro Cigarettes for Philip Morris Inc, Kent Cigarettes for British American Tobacco, Hugo Boss, Starbucks Coffee, Porsche and Cerruti. Jude holds a Masters in Business Administration from Newcastle and is a member of the Customer Experience Management Professionals of USA, and the Royal British Society for Philosophers.
Chief Operating Officer
e-Solutions & Gov-Tech
- Jasim, a Malaysian, 49, joined Scicom on 15 January 2009. As COO for CRM & Consulting, Jasim is responsible for Scicom’s client focused internet and on-line marketing strategies, coupled with over 15 years of CRM and customer management consulting experience. He has P&L responsibility for the CRM & Consulting Division. An Adwords and Analytics Professional, Jasim is additionally responsible for Scicom’s e-strategy. Jasim started his career in Corporate Finance with RHB Securities. He later moved on to Usaha Tegas where he was involved in the corporate finance division which included projects for Maxis, ASTRO and Powertech. In 2001, Jasim joined Commerce Dot Com, a company involved in building and operating the Government e-procurement system where he served as its Chief Operating Officer. Jasim holds a degree in Law (LLb) from the University of London.
Chief Technology Officer
- Chandima, a Sri Lankan, 56, joined Scicom on 20 January 2011. He is an information technology professional with over 27 years of experience, broad based knowledge and skills in implementing large scale and highly technologically complex projects in major financial institutions in the UK, Malaysia, Sri Lanka and Kenya. As a Fellow of the British Computer Society (BCS) - Chartered Institute for IT, UK, he takes his place among the most senior and respected professionals in the field of IT. Prior to joining Scicom, Chandima worked as the Chief Information Officer (CIO) at the Government owned Sri Lanka Insurance Corporation (SLIC), the oldest and one of the largest insurance service providers in Sri Lanka. He has provided consultancy services to many government/private institutions and has been serving as an advisor to three National advisory councils in Sri Lanka.
- In his early years, he worked as a Systems Analyst with British Hartford-Fairmount Engineering, UK. Thereafter he held the positions of Chief Manager ICT at the Commercial Bank of Ceylon, the Head of ICT and Banking Operations (Deputy General Manager/CIO) at Hatton National Bank in Sri Lanka, and the Head of ICT (CIO) at CfC Stanbic Bank, the East African Headquarters of Standard Bank Africa in Nairobi, Kenya. He is also a Board Director and Member of the Board Integrated Risk Management Committee of National Savings Bank, Sri Lanka. Chandima holds a Honours degree in Mathematics & Computer Science from the University of Middlesex, UK.
Brenda Lisabeth Marshall
Scicom Education Group
- Brenda, a Malaysian, 65, rejoined Scicom on 1 August 2014, spearheading Scicom Education’s business opportunities and the development of customised training solutions and services for both internal and external clientele.
In 2009, Brenda joined the AirAsia Academy as their Head of Studies. Subsequently in 2012, she was moved to head up the Training and Development department of AirAsia Berhad where she was responsible for the learning and development initiatives across the company. In this role, she also worked on rolling out AirAsia’s project to implement e-learning across the Group. Prior to assuming her current position as Senior Vice President, Centre for English Studies in August 2014, Brenda completed a University of Cambridge CELTA Program in English Teaching at RMIT, Melbourne, Australia.
- Brenda holds a B.A in Mass Communications, an LLB (University of London) and LLM (University of New South Wales, Australia). She has also garnered extensive experience in marketing, advertising and management from her 25 years of service with the New Straits Times Press (Malaysia) Berhad prior to first joining Scicom in 2006.
Shanti Jacqueline Jeya Raj
Human Resources, Learning & Development and Total Quality Management
- Shanti, a Malaysian, 54, joined Scicom on 3 January 2000 as a Customer Relationship Executive, and within one year, was spearheading the Group’s Training Department for both internal and external clients. She was subsequently appointed Head of the Customer Experience Team, where she developed service quality standards for Scicom’s operations. Her next appointment was as an Operations and Training Consultant in Scicom (Academy) Sdn Bhd, where she was involved in numerous projects across the Group.
In her current capacity, she is responsible for all aspects of human resources, learning & development as well as ensuring that the Group’s quality initiatives (including its processes) comply with ISO and SCP, and that all accreditations are constantly reviewed, monitored and enhanced. In a nutshell, she is entrusted with the task of continuously enhancing operational effectiveness and efficiencies across the Group’s operations.
- Prior to joining Scicom, she worked in various multinational corporations over a 13-year period, with her areas of expertise covering marketing communications, training development and client services. Shanti holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Studies and a Diploma in Public Relations. She is also a certified trainer of the Service and Support Professionals Association in the United States, for its Certified Support Professional programme.
Wong Yee Ling
Internal Audit Risk and Governance
- Yee Ling, a Malaysian, 46, joined Scicom on 1 March 2011 and is responsible for the internal audit, risk and governance aspects for the Group. She also
assumes the role of Risk Officer for the Group.
Prior to joining Scicom, Yee Ling was attached to PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP in the United Kingdom and PricewaterhouseCoopers Malaysia.
She possesses over 15 years of working experience in the areas of auditing, financial, management accounting and reporting, operational functions effectiveness, risk management & governance and corporate transactions (mergers and acquisitions, incountry and cross borders funds raising and initial public offers).
- Yee Ling holds a Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Economics from the University of Manchester and she is a member of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants and an affiliate of the Association of Chartered Accountant (UK).
- Shereen, a British national, 44, joined Scicom on 1 November 2012. In her role as Head of Legal Affairs she is responsible for reviewing and managing regulatory / legislative compliance (with the exception of matters relating to the corporate secretarial function), the preparation and management of contracts and the advising and assisting of all internal departments.
Shereen was called to the Bar at Lincoln’s Inn in 2003 and before joining Scicom, she was in independent practice for 9 years. Her experience both at the Bar and in outsourcing gives her the special skills required to provide legal support to Scicom.
- Shereen is a member of the Association of Corporate Counsel and a student member of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators.
- Divya , an Indian national, 44, joined Scicom on 17th Dec 2018. As the SVP of Business Development, Divya is responsible for business devlopment for Malaysia, Sri Lanka and all emerging markets. In his previous roles, Divya has been the Chief Operating Officer for Aegis BPO in Malaysia. He has also been responsible for spearheading the cross shoring business model in Malaysia for all Asian Countries, and has 22 years of experience in managing global clients based out of Malaysia, Singapore, USA and Australia.
Prior to his time at Aegis, Divya started his BPO career with GE Capital, followed by EXL Service. Divya’s experience in the BPO domain has been extensive, with significant experience in the banking, telecommunications & auto finance sectors, across the US, UK & Australia. Before speaheading Malaysia, he was heading the operations for one of India’s largest telecommunications giants, with over 7,000 people in 10 different locations across India & Sri Lanka.
- Divya holds a Bachelors Degree from Delhi University and has a Diploma in Computer Science from GNIIT. He also has hotel management experience with The Taj Group of Hotels, and worked in the hospitality industry for 3 years in India.
Want to know more?
Find out more about how we can help propel your company into the digital age.