URGENT NOTICE 3 SEPTEMBER 2014: RECRUITMENT SCAM ALERT
Warning about bogus recruitment agents
We have been informed that a person or persons are falsely offering employment with Scicom (Malaysia) in return for payment of money for a work permit or calling visa. The report received relates to Indian nationals however we do not know whether the bogus agents are operating out of India or Malaysia nor can we be sure of their nationality. The bogus agent(s) use a letterhead bearing a logo that is similar to Scicom’s company logo and the letter advises that employment will commence upon the payment of money for a ‘calling visa’. A ‘calling visa’ is a term used for the first stage of visa approval to enter Malaysia on a work permit.
PLEASE BE WARNED: These offers of employment are not genuine and have nothing to do with Scicom (MSC) Berhad or Scicom Group of Companies.
We would advise that anyone who is approached or receives an offer of employment in this way does not pay money to any person without first verifying the job offer with Scicom directly.
Please note that Scicom advertises for employment on Jobstreet, JobsDB, Scicom Website via email@example.com, and internally via Scicom email. We use social media in particular Facebook. We also have daily walk – in interviews at our office in Kuala Lumpur.
Please contact Scicom directly on firstname.lastname@example.org to verify any offers of employment or on +603 21621088 extension 72132asking for Judy. You may wish to contact the Malaysian embassy or consular representative to discuss any concerns you may have about immigration visa fraud.
Scicom (MSC) Berhad was awarded the prestigious
Frost & Sullivan Best BPO Service Provider for the 4th year running.
IAOP's 2013 The Global Outsourcing 100 awarded Scicom the Best Rising Stars in Overall Revenue and Best Rising Stars in Number of Employees
Scicom Academy 2013
Scicom Academy graduated 3,940 students through its
various certification programmes for both government and corporate
clients. Todate, over 9000 students have graduated through these programmes.
Scicom International College Sdn. Bhd. was
awarded a full college license and obtained Malaysian Qualification
Agency (MQA) approval for its suite of Diploma programmes in “Global
Services Management”. The first batch of students have recently been
inducted into the Diploma program in Malaysia.
Scicom Lanka 2013
Scicom Lanka (Private) Ltd.
has started its outsourcing business and has begun to offer its portfolio of educational
products to the Sri Lankan market, providing vocational and skills based educational products..
Financial Year 2011 – 2013 Business Wins
- International Financial Institution for Customer Care Management
- International Electronics Company for Customer Care Management
- Leading Malaysian Telecommunications brand providing Training and Talent Pool Services
- Leading International Pharmaceutical Company for Customer Information Management
- Regional Gaming Company for Customer Care Management
- Regional Budget Airline for Customer Care Management
- Leading Oil & Gas Brand in Malaysia for Talent Pool Management
- Leading Malaysian Budget Airline Brand for Customer Care Managemnt
- Regional Health Care Provider for Customer Care Management and Technical Help Desk
- Leading Regional Telecommunications MNC for Telesales, Customer Care Management and Technical Help Desk
- Malaysia's largest International Retail & Grocers providing Contact Centre Management Services and Back Office Processes
- Leading International Exam Centre providing Project Management Services
- Malaysia's leading International Tobacco company providing Contact Management and Fulfillment Services
- Malaysia's leading F&B distributor providing Contact Management Servivces
- Leading Education Services Brand in Malaysia providing Customer Support Services
- International Fast Food brand for Malaysia wide Delivery & Rider Management
- Global Home Appliance brand for premium Customer Care
- New Zealand’s leading dairy brand for Customer Information Management
- Leading Japanese Consumer Wide goods providing Talent Management Services
- UK based video streaming company for Customer Care and Technical Help Desk
- Local Gaming company for Talent Management Services
- Japanese low-cost airlines for Customer Care
- Malaysia Health Care & Tourism agency for Customer Care
- Malaysia’s premier broadcaster for Telesales Services
- Regional International Gaming brand for Customer Care Management